Are you torn between Wix and WordPress for your website?
While both platforms offer a range of features, there’s one clear winner when it comes to overall performance, flexibility, and most importantly, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): WordPress.
- SEO-Friendly Architecture: WordPress was originally developed as a blogging platform, and its architecture is inherently SEO-friendly. Search engines love well-organised content, and WordPress allows you to structure your site in a way that’s easily readable for search engine crawlers. The clean code and proper HTML markup contribute to a smoother indexing process, ensuring your content gets noticed by search engines faster.
- Customisation and Flexibility: WordPress beats Wix hands down when it comes to customisation and flexibility. With a vast array of themes and plugins, you can tailor your WordPress site to meet your specific SEO needs. Wix, on the other hand, can be limiting when you want to implement advanced SEO strategies or optimise specific elements of your site.
- Plugin Powerhouse: WordPress boasts an extensive library of plugins, many of which are dedicated to enhancing your website’s SEO. From Yoast SEO to All in One SEO Pack, these plugins empower you to manage meta tags, optimise content, and generate XML sitemaps effortlessly. Wix, while offering some basic SEO tools, cannot match the depth and breadth of WordPress plugins.
- Content Control and Ownership: WordPress gives you complete control and ownership of your content. This is crucial for SEO as it allows you to structure your content hierarchy, create meaningful URLs, and implement other SEO best practices. Wix, with its proprietary system, might restrict your ability to control these essential SEO elements.
- Community Support and Updates: WordPress has a massive and active community that consistently contributes to the platform’s development. Regular updates and improvements keep WordPress ahead of the curve, ensuring that your website stays current with the latest SEO trends and requirements. Wix, while striving to improve, may not match the robust support system that WordPress enjoys.
With any search on Google you rarely see a Wix website ranking… 9 times out of 10 page one on Google is filled with WordPress built websites!Mark R, Technique Web
In conclusion, when it comes to SEO, WordPress stands as the undisputed champion. Its SEO-friendly architecture, extensive customisation options, plugin ecosystem, content control, and strong community support make it the superior choice for anyone serious about optimising their website for search engines. Don’t settle for anything less – choose WordPress for a winning SEO strategy.Contact us today